In order for your OPTIONAL submission(s) to be included in the IGALA 8 Conference Final Program, all authors and co-authors planning to be present at conference should:
Paid up participants are entitled to full participation at the IGALA 8 conference: presentation (of accepted submissions), publication of full papers (of accepted submissions) in the IGALA 8 Conference Proceedings, copy of the full Conference Program (including all abstracts), copy of the Conference Proceedings (CD ROM including full papers), certification, wine and cheese reception on June 5th, 2014 and the conference dinner on June 6th, 2014.
IGALA INTERNATIONAL BURSARIES: CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The International Gender and Language Association (IGALA) is pleased to be able to offer a limited number of bursaries for scholars attending and presenting a paper or a poster at the IGALA 8 Conference at Vancouver, Canada, June 5-7, 2014.
Applicants MUST have their papers or posters accepted for presentation at the conference, and should be in financial need.
Bursaries will be determined on the basis of financial need, merit of the abstract, and the applicant’s potential benefit from attending. Preference will be given to students and junior scholars and to participants who demonstrate creativity in meeting much of the cost from other sources.
SUBMISSION PROCESS AND DOCUMENTS:
Please submit the following documents (all in English) to the IGALA Bursaries Chair, Carmen Rosa Caldas-Coulthard at <email@example.com>, with the email subject header: “IGALA International Bursaries.”
1) A one-page letter stating the amount requested *in Canadian Dollars* and a detailed budget (e.g., airfare, ground transportation, local accommodation). Currency conversion site (suggested): http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/
2) A short statement from an academic supervisor or head of department explaining why the applicant would benefit from attending the conference, and why the applicant’s institution and/or country of residence is not able to provide funding to attend the conference.
3) A copy of the abstract (including title) accepted to be presented at IGALA 8.
4) A declaration of whether the applicant has previously received an IGALA award, and when awarded.
Individuals who are not affiliated with an academic institution at the time of application may submit a short statement explaining their funding situation, and outlining how they would benefit from attending the conference.
Applications for bursaries for IGALA 8 must be received by 31st January, 2014.
A committee drawn from IGALA Executive/Advisory Board will assess the applications and will notify successful applicants by 21st February, 2014.
1) Successful applicants will only be eligible to receive the award if they have joined or renewed their IGALA membership by the deadline of 1st April, 2014.
2) Successful applicants are required to submit all receipts to the application committee upon attending the conference. Money will be handed over at the conference only, not before.